Minnesota’s law empowers building owners to use PACE financing for a wide variety of energy improvements, including:
Building-related energy efficiency improvements
Renewable Energy systems attached to or near to a building
Electric vehicle charging infrastructure
- Targeted improvements like upgrading existing lighting to to high-performance fluorescent or LED technology;
- Broad-scale, multiple-technology building upgrades like new mechanical systems, upgraded windows, and some advanced lighting and temperature controls, OR
- Whole-building renovations, from lighting to HVAC equipment to new elevators to new insulation and sealing of the building envelope.
2. Renewable Energy Systems can include:
- Solar thermal systems
- Solar photovoltaic systems
- Wind generator systems
- Geothermal (and ground source heat pump) systems.
3. Electric Vehicle charging infrastructure can include:
- Installation of new and upgraded circuits and related equipment to enable vehicle charging